In breeding birds used ovoskop. This is a device that allows you to enlighten eggs, check whether they are fertilized or not, and also to trace whether they are good or damaged. Ovoskopov are of different types, such a device can be bought or made independently. This article describes the ovoskop, its principle of operation, popular models, as well as recommendations on how to do it yourself.
What is Ovoskop
Ovoskop is an apparatus designed to check the condition and quality of eggs used in incubation or for breeding birds in a natural way. It is used in private farms, on farms, as well as in large industries. This device can determine the freshness of the material, any damage, enlighten the embryo and its development. It can be used for eggs of hens, turkeys, geese, ducks, quails.Interesting! Eggs for further incubation are taken from chickens that have already reached 8 months of age.
Photo Ovoskopa OB-1-60-D
In the apparatus there are special grooves in which eggs are laid. Thanks to simple light bulbs that are available in the ovoskop, during its inclusion eggs are highlighted. This allows you to see inside the shell, all cracks, defects, as well as to check the condition of the yolk and protein. If there is an embryo, it will be clearly visible, it is possible to understand whether it is alive or not, at what stage of development it is. During the breeding of birds with an incubator, an ovoscope is checked several times.
Types of OvoskopRead also these articles.
- Potato variety Zest
- How to store dahlias in winter
- Milk replacer milk replacer
- The best greasy pigs
Ovoskopov come in three basic types.
- Vertical Ovoskop. This is a species used in large farms, in enterprises where it is necessary to shine through from 10 eggs and more at a time. This is, in fact, a vertical apparatus, at the bottom of which is a lamp, and on top is an egg compartment.
- Horizontal instructor. This device allows you to consider at a time only a small number of eggs. Bottom he has a lamp, and the eggs are located on the side. During the inspection of the apparatus, it is necessary to lean the eggs one by one against the hole that has been made for them, and to check their condition. The main drawback is fire hazard. In private, small farms they are not recommended to use.
Photo Ovoskop ON-10
- Hammer ovoskop. Externally, the device looks like a hammer, but in reality it is something like a handle with a lamp attached on one side, and on the other with a plug for the socket. Although it is not necessary, as there are devices on batteries or on batteries. To check the eggs, you just need to attach the side of the handle with the lamp to the egg, and it will highlight. The advantage of this ovoskop is that eggs can be checked anywhere, even without getting out of the incubator. But the disadvantage is that it is necessary to choose a sufficient power of the light bulb, which can fully enlighten the egg, but will not overheat it during operation!
There is also another type of ovoskop that is used only in large enterprises - a table for ovoscoping. He checks several dozen eggs at a time! It is convenient and fast, but in small farms it is not practical because of the high cost, size, and eggs usually do not gather so many at a time.
How to check eggs with an ovoscope
As incubation progresses, eggs need to shine 4 times.
- The first stage is 4-5 days. At this period there is a noticeable airbag, yolk, protein, all defects of the egg's shell, including chipped. When turning, the yolk moves more slowly than the protein. At this stage, the embryo, its blood vessels, is already visible.
Photo Otoscope Nest-30
- On day 5-6 a second ovoscope check is done. Now the main task is to check the state of the embryo. If nothing has changed since the first check, it is considered that the egg is not fertilized or the embryo has died and the egg is removed from the incubator. If everything is in order, then the embryo must occupy almost the entire surface of the shell. Blood vessels will be visible, their development since the first inspection.
- The third check is done on day 11, that is, after about 5 days later. The outlines of the embryo are already visible, and it is even noticeable how it moves. The air chamber should be increased 3-4 times compared with the first ovoskopirovaniya. The vascular grid grows, it must cover the entire egg from the inside.
- The fourth examination with an ovoskop requires about 2 days before the chicks hatch. This time it is checked whether the nestling is alive, ready to hatch. With proper development, the sharp end of the egg should be completely filled, the air chamber occupies almost a third of the egg and has the shape of a mound. If there are no vessels on the sharp end of the shell or the air chamber is small, the chick most likely will not survive. These eggs should be laid separately in an incubator or labeled with a marker.
Such a number of checks is considered the most optimal. It is recommended to check eggs more often if there is a suspicion of abnormal development of the embryo. However, professional farmers recommend that any discrepancies or problems immediately reject the eggs, removing them from the incubator.
The best models of ovoskopWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Recipes adjika of plums
- Planting onions before winter
- When to plant tomatoes for seedlings in 2019
- Black carrot
Photo Ovoskopa OB1-60-1
On sale you can find a lot of various types of ovoskop, but not all are good. Below are the best models that are most often recommended by farmers.
- OB-1-60-D - ovoscope for optical review of egg quality. Only one egg can be enlightened at a time, so this device is recommended for small farms, where not many eggs are used for laying in the incubator. The cost of about 700 rubles.
- OH-10 - a mobile ovoskop for check at the same time 10 eggs. Suitable for controlling the quality of eggs, shells, determining the stage of development of the embryo. Made of metal, dimensions - 220x215 mm. The cost is 1350 rubles.
- Nest-30 - Mobile ovoskop. Used by scanning the halogen lamp. Can test up to 30 eggs at a time. This device is reliable and modern, suitable for use on large and small farms. The cost of an average of 5500 rubles.
- OB1-60-1 suitable for showing up at the same time 30 eggs. Suitable for work in factories and small farms. Has available a tray on 30 eggs which is easily put on an ovoskop. Power - 220 V, power consumption - 10 watts. Weight of an ovoskop in packing to 5 kg. Cost up to 5000 rubles.
How to make an ovoskop with your own hands in 5 minutes
Ovoskopov on large farms are used as often as on small farms, they only pay for themselves much faster. So novice farmers are in no hurry to purchase them. In this case, you can do your handstock in 5 minutes!
How to make an ovoskop with your own hands in 5 minutes
- box of cardboard;
- flashlight with 60 watt bulb.
To make an ovoscope, it is necessary to place a flashlight in the box so that it does not fall. To do this, you can install props or something like that. Then you should close the lid and make a hole in it. In diameter, it should be slightly smaller than the diameter of the egg (the widest part) so that it is installed there, but does not fall out. The hole is made over the location of the flashlight. Everything, now you can turn on the flashlight, place the egg and check it for the condition, but you should take into account what is best seen in such a camera in a dark room.
In the same way it is possible to make an ovoskop from a flashlight and a wide rubber adapter used in washing machines. On the one hand, the head of the flashlight is inserted, and on the other, eggs are applied one by one.
To create a similar ovoskop, it is possible and by means of a tin can from condensed milk. To do this, in the bottom of the banks cut a hole for the base of the bulb. There is inserted the light bulb itself, with a capacity of up to 100 watts. A small hole is made in the can lid so that an egg can be placed there. Now the device is ready and you can use it for its intended purpose.