Many love cherry, so it is grown everywhere in gardens and summer cottages. Culture is not picky, but it will not tolerate dismissive attitudes. She needs regular watering, pruning, feeding, and sometimes insulation for the winter. Early varieties of sweet cherries: white and red, fruitful and large-fruited will be described below in the article.
What are the features of early varieties of sweet cherries?
Early varieties of cherries are the most famous and popular trees for planting, because they give early harvests. Early fruiting facilitates the life of the gardener - you can quickly make harvesting for the winter, sell a lot more berries, as well as eat plenty of cherries and replenish the supply of vitamins in the coming months!
But apart from the ripening period, are there common characteristics of early varieties of sweet cherries? There is one general similarity that every gardener should know about. Usually, all such trees need a pollinator tree to grow close to it. Without it, the fruit will be either very little or not at all.
It is necessary to grow near the tree pollinator
Otherwise, these species are too diverse: the color, the size of the berries, the yield, the type of cultivation, and their characteristics may be completely different. It is possible, perhaps, to note the endurance to the returning cold, but not all gardeners would agree with this, because it is the early varieties of sweet cherries (flowers and buds on them) that often freeze out during spring frosts.
What early varieties of sweet cherries have high yields?Read also these articles.
- Palma Hamedoreya (Chamaedorea)
- Winter apple varieties
- How to store onions in the winter
- What to feed calves from the first days of life
Productivity is the first thing that is important if the early varieties of cherries are planted for a large family, with an abundance of relatives and friends, or for sale. 20-30 kg of harvest from one tree in these cases is not enough, so you should choose the more productive varieties of early sweet cherry.
- "Homestead" annually gives up to 85 kg of berries from a tree. Fruiting comes from 5-6 years, berries ripen from the beginning of June. The tree grows up to 4 meters, the crown is not very thick, rounded. Berries up to 5.5 grams, with a soft, creamy flesh. The color of the berries is yellow, with a rich red blush. Transportability is high. Pollinators: Vinka, Skorospelka, Valery Chkalov.
- "Iput" can provide a family of 60-80 kg of cherries from a tree in one season. Her berries are not very large, weight rarely reaches 8 grams, burgundy, heart-shaped. Fruits in the 5th year, but large yields can be expected only from 7-8 years old, not earlier. Crop harvested from mid-June. For pollinators, cherries of Ovstuzhenka, Bryansk Pink, Tyutchevka, Raditsa, Revna are suitable for it. A tree grows with a wide crown.
The early grades of sweet cherry having high productivity
- "Valery Chkalov" - an early variety of sweet cherries, has a yield of up to 60 kg / tree and gives large berries weighing 7-9 grams each. The shape is rounded, burgundy, and when oversweeping it is almost black. Maturation has been observed since the beginning of June. The taste is sweet, tasting score 4.5 points. Resistance to weak moderate temperatures and some diseases is observed. The best pollinators include: "Early ripening", "Jabule", "June early".
- "Melitopol Early" gives 50-60 kg of berries from each tree. Berries 6-7 grams, oval, dark red. The flesh is firm, juicy, sweet, the aroma is strongly pronounced. The stone is large, separated from the pulp without problems. Use is universal. Pollinators: "Valeriy Chkalov", "Ruby Early", "Bigaro Burlat".
- "Leningrad black" gives 40 kg of crop per year. Fruits in 3-4 years, the crop ripens around the beginning of July. The tree is tall with a massive crown. Differs in cold resistance. Fruits up to 5 grams, sweet, juicy, ovate, slightly flattened. The color is dark scarlet. The taste is bright, rich with honey flavor. Most often used for processing for the winter. As pollinators, the Veda, Revna, Tyutchevka, Michurinka cherries are planted nearby.
- "May" - the early grade of sweet cherry, has average productivity - 40 kg from a tree. Fruits in 4 years, the crop is usually harvested from late May or early June. Berries can be said small, since their mass ranges from 2 to 4 grams. The color is bright red. Feature of the variety can be called resistance to frost and disease. It is used exclusively for fresh consumption and desserts, because in conservation the variety loses its taste completely, there is neither sweetness nor aroma. Transported badly. Pollinators can be: "Dzherelo", "Early Duki", "Melitopol Early".
Large varieties of sweet cherries
Early cherry varieties can be divided into small-fruited, medium-sized and large-fruited. Of course, the latter, the most convenient for food and processing. Also, it is large varieties of cherries that attract buyers in the market and in stores and can be sold more expensive.
- "Farewell" has a yield of 60 kg per tree per year with good care. A tree of medium height, spreading crown, with an abundance of foliage. Fruits in 4-5 years, fruit ripening - mid-June. Berries are dense, large - 14 grams, dark red. The taste is sweet-wine, the aroma is strong. Transportability is high. Pollinators: "Donetsk Beauty", "Donetsk Ember".
Large varieties of early sweet cherry
- "Fairy tale" it is valued precisely for large berries (10-12 g) and a pleasant, sweet taste, although the pulp is moderately juicy. The color of the cherry is scarlet, the shape of the berries is almost round. Fruiting comes from 5 years, and the annual harvest ripens from the beginning of June. To pollinators include: "Ovshuzhenka", "Tyutchevka" and "Iput". Resistance to transportation, frost and cracking of berries is noted.
- "Yaroslavna" - an early variety of sweet cherries, has rather large berries up to 9 g each. The bone is small, it separates without problems. The tree grows tall, the crown is massive. Differs in good frost resistance. Productivity of 20-30 kg from a tree every year. Ideal for making juice. Fruits in early July. Pollinators: "Annushka", "Donetsk Beauty", "Valeria".
- "Ovstuzhenka" - A small tree with not a wide crown and an abundance of leaves. Sweet cherries 4-6 g, maroon. A nice feature of the variety is that the bone is separated without problems. The yield of 25-35 kg per year. It ripens in the second half of June, and fruiting is observed only from 4-5 years. Pollinating cherries: Tyutchevka, Revna, Iput, Bryansk Pink, Pink Pearl.
Early varieties of yellow sweet cherryWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Chickens breed Maran - description and productivity
- How to feed guinea fowl at home
- Food for big turkeys
- Breed of bees Bakfast
Early sweet cherry varieties with yellow berries have a not very high price in the market, as they spoil quickly. But if you grow them in your own garden, you can get not only good berries for preservation, but also an abundance of vitamins, because yellow cherries are very useful for the body.
Early varieties of yellow sweet cherry
- "Chermashnaya" has a tall tree with a thickened, elongated crown. Berries up to 5 grams yellow, ripen from the beginning of June. The flesh is fleshy, with a large proportion of juice and honey aftertaste. The stone is separated without problems, which simplifies processing. Diseases and frosts endures easily. Pollinators: "Iput", "Bryansk Pink", "Fatezh", "Leningrad Black".
- "Mlievskaya yellow" - the early grade of sweet cherry ripening from the middle of June. Berries 5-6 grams, yellow, with shiny skin. The main difference of this variety is that it does not require pollinators. Winter hardiness is average. The first fruiting can be expected at 4-5 year. Suitable for processing and fresh use.
- "Summer Resident" ripens from mid-June. Berries are light yellow, weighing 7-11 g, heart-shaped. Stone is well separated from the pulp. Fruits in 4 years. The tree grows low, the crown spreading. Pollinators: "Talisman", "Drogan yellow", "Melitopol".